- We are stewards (caretakers, managers).
- Inside each of us is a need to give.
- We own nothing.
- God owns everything.
- Our task is to manage that which belongs to God, including our bodies, children, home, vocation, food, and all the “stuff” of life.
- All is a trust for us to manage wisely so that we might praise God and serve others.
- Our giving is a reflection of our faith.
- A tithe (10% of our gifts) is a God-given goal.
- We always have room to grow in our giving. (The average ELCA Lutheran gives 2% of his/her gifts.)
- Our God-given gifts include:
- Spiritual Gifts
- Relational Assets
- Financial Assets
- Explore ways to give these gifts on our Financial Giving and Volunteer webpages.
- Pray for guidance.
- Ask yourself the question: “How much of what belongs to God do I need to keep for my own needs?”
- Reflect upon your giving of time, talent, and financial resources. Make your giving intentional and sacrificial.